Sioux Lookout is a CONNECTED COMMUNITY
I want to...
What is a Connected Community?
Those communities that do not have an official Run site are able to join an online Connected Community Site. The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation provides supporters the opportunity to raise funds for the CIBC Run for the Cure within these connected communities. With enough community supporters and the desire to bring the Run to their area, it could potentially become an official Run site!
How to Register:
- Register and fundraise online
- Create or join a team online
- Set up an online profile to ask for donations from friends and family
- Track your fundraising progress
How to Participate?
Gather your friends, family and/or co-workers and create your own connected community! You can meet up in the comfort of your own home, meet at a park or neighbourhood and walk or run on Sunday October 6th – to stay connected!
Differences between a Connected Community and a Regular Run Location:
Connected Community’s do not have the following:
- A Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation representative
- A physical location/site’
- Formal opening or closing ceremonies
- Confirmed route
- Top fundraising awards
Connected Community participants are eligible to:
- Receive a t-shirt once they are registered for the CIBC Run for the Cure (online or offline) by t-shirt deadline date of September 20th
- Participate in the Fundraising Rewards program
- Create a team. Teams are not eligible for Team T-shirts
Offline donations may be submitted at any CIBC branch. Please make a copy of the bank-stamped form(s) and retain for your records. Please ensure that you mail the second copy to the address provided on the form as donations will not be collected on run day. Please do not send cash and see the ‘Updates’ section for the correct mailing address.
Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013
Please mail offline forms and donations to:
807-737-2331 x 222
Team Coordinator Information:
Volunteer Coordinator Information: