Your participation and support for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure is making a difference. The funds you contribute allow the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation to continue funding vital breast cancer research, education and health promotion initiatives across the country. Funding that is making a real impact in areas such as prevention, earlier detection, diagnosis, treatment and care.
As a participant in the CIBC Run for the Cure, we ask that all participants raise a minimum of $150 or pay a $40 as a participant fee.
We’re here to here to help you reach or surpass your goal. Below, please find some helpful fundraising tips and tools to get you started! You could be the next top fundraiser!
Step 1 - Register online and set up your personal Participant Centre page. You are more likely to receive donations if you share information or personal stories about why you are participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure and post a photo.
Step 2 - Request donations from your contacts (friends, family, coworkers, etc.). Email templates and customized stationary are provided in your Participant Centre. You'll be surprised by the number of people who will want to support you when they are asked.
Step 3 - Explore the Fundraising Tips documents below for inspiration, or visit your Participant Centre for more information.
Fundraising Tools and Resources
Printable donation forms are located the Run site location pages. Be sure to use the form with your location name on the top. Print off as many as you need and keep them handy at your desk or in your purse. For a complete guide to making donations online, please refer to the manual.
Download the iPhone App
Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure iPhone App*
Do you have an iPhone? Do your fundraising on the go with your Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure application,
*This application only works for registered participants by entering your username and password.
Fundraise with facebook
Download the CIBC Run for the Cure facebook application in your Participant Centre
and get a head start on your fundraising! Click for instructions.
Change your profile picture to "Who are you running for?". A great way to remind all your friends on facebook that you're participating and raising money to help support the CIBC Run for the Cure.
Make it easier for your facebook friends to support you with a donation. Your friends can click directly on your post and make a donation to support your fundraising efforts.
Share your story with other participants, and read stories other participants have posted about their own connection to the Foundation.
Monitor your fundraising progress with the thermometer badge that provides an easy way to check your real time fundraising status on facebook.
Share CIBC Run for the Cure videos on facebook to let your friends know what this event is all about!
Customize Your Email Signature
Download the CIBC Run for the Cure email badge to your email signature.
By logging into your Participant Centre and downloading this application, your contacts will be able to see your goal, how much you have raised so far, and
make a donation by clicking on the image that will take them to your personal fundraising page! Click for instructions.
10 Quick and Easy Fundraising Tips
- Set a fundraising goal and share it. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, social media sites, people want to help you achieve your goal!
- Share your story! People are innately curious and want to know why you’re involved with the Run for the Cure, why it’s important to you, and how breast cancer has impacted your life.
- Wear a pink ribbon pin - it starts conversations with people who you may not know are also affected by breast cancer or who share a common relationship with the cause.
- Make a list of all the people you know and ask them to make a donation, even ask them to ask someone they know to make a donation.
- Ask the first person who makes a donation to make a generous donation. Then encourage others to match it or make the first generous donation yourself to show others you are committed to the cause.
- Keep a printed version of the donation form handy, in your purse or at your desk, in case you are out, or just out with friends and not near a computer or smartphone.
- Find out if your employer can match your fundraising total it’s a quick way to double, even triple your donations! (Click here to see the corporate matching program)
- Start a spare change box and collect your extra coins - just see how it adds up.
- Customize your email signature and voice message to let everyone know you’re fundraising.
- Set up a fundraising event, it’s easy, builds your community and allows you to share this experience with your friends and family! Some ideas include: garage sales, bake sales, game nights (ask for a donation to participate). Click here for more ideas on fundraising events.
For more ideas, please login in to your Participant Centre or read our Fundraising Tips.